I recorded a brief 3 minute and 16 second screencast tutorial this evening using Screenr describing how to enable comment moderation on a YouTube video. Refer to my post from September 2009, “Criteria for moderating comments on a viral video,” for background on why enabling comment moderation is always a good idea. Also see the post “Remember to turn YouTube channel comment moderation ON” from October for more guidance and instructions.
I recorded this free Screenr screencast using Google Chrome, with Java installed, on a Dell Mini10 netbook running Windows Premium Home Edition. The built-in microphone on the netbook did pretty good, I think! This was blogged with Windows Live Writer, free software available with other software as “Windows Live Essentials.” As an offline blog post editor it’s not as good as Mars Edit or Ecto, but it’s decent and it’s free! More links to other free Windows7 programs I’ve installed on my netbook are available. (Along with my Mac and iPhone software too!)
I’ll be addressing screencasting (including the use of Screenr) in my T4T class at UCO this spring on our February 24th meeting. My online curriculum for that course will be completed by mid-week next week when we start class!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Guidelines for Digital Sharing - 2019
- Craigslist and Facebook Bring Lost Golden Retriever Home - 2014
- Create a Personal Publication Archive with Open Journal Systems (OJS) - 2014
- Teaching is a moral calling (Will someone please tell Arne and Barack?) - 2011
- iPad Fever and 1 to 1 Learning Lessons from the Experts - 2011
- Favorite Picture Books About Maine - 2011
- A holiday lesson in ethics via Webkinz - 2009
- A blast back to my podcasting past - 2008
- Want E-learning job leads? Get Linked-In! - 2008
- Broadband Bootcamp for Educators - 2008