I recorded a brief 3 minute and 16 second screencast tutorial this evening using Screenr describing how to enable comment moderation on a YouTube video. Refer to my post from September 2009, “Criteria for moderating comments on a viral video,” for background on why enabling comment moderation is always a good idea. Also see the post “Remember to turn YouTube channel comment moderation ON” from October for more guidance and instructions.
I recorded this free Screenr screencast using Google Chrome, with Java installed, on a Dell Mini10 netbook running Windows Premium Home Edition. The built-in microphone on the netbook did pretty good, I think! This was blogged with Windows Live Writer, free software available with other software as “Windows Live Essentials.” As an offline blog post editor it’s not as good as Mars Edit or Ecto, but it’s decent and it’s free! More links to other free Windows7 programs I’ve installed on my netbook are available. (Along with my Mac and iPhone software too!)
I’ll be addressing screencasting (including the use of Screenr) in my T4T class at UCO this spring on our February 24th meeting. My online curriculum for that course will be completed by mid-week next week when we start class!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Craigslist and Facebook Bring Lost Golden Retriever Home - 2014
- Create a Personal Publication Archive with Open Journal Systems (OJS) - 2014
- Teaching is a moral calling (Will someone please tell Arne and Barack?) - 2011
- iPad Fever and 1 to 1 Learning Lessons from the Experts - 2011
- Favorite Picture Books About Maine - 2011
- A holiday lesson in ethics via Webkinz - 2009
- A blast back to my podcasting past - 2008
- Want E-learning job leads? Get Linked-In! - 2008
- Broadband Bootcamp for Educators - 2008
- We DO need other low cost alternatives to OLPC - 2008