Thanks to some just-in-time Twitter assistance from Lucy Gray this evening, I was able to use the Appolicious App Library Builder to automatically build a sharable and ratable list of our family’s installed iPhone Applications for FREE. Previously I’ve taken screenshots within iTunes using Skitch and saved them to a Google Site, but Appolicious is MUCH better since it allows you to rate apps and makes recommendations, similar to the way NetFlix works. When you view someone’s App library on Appolicious, apps are sorted by how the user ranked them (5 bars is the best) and then alphabetically.
The real key to getting this working was finding my “iTunes App Library.” Per Lucy’s directions, I navigated in my iTunes library (path on a Mac: Users, Username, Music) and pointed to the folder “Mobile Applications,” as shown in the screenshot below.
The main problem with sharing this screenshot with you is now you’re probably wondering how I could have songs by Mr. Mister, Motley Crue, Michael W. Smith, and Myra, all in the same iTunes library! Well, our family’s eclectic music tastes will have to be the topic of another post…..
Give Appolicious a try, and if you do please share your apps with me so I can check out your picks!!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Make a Song with Sounds from Your Kitchen on an iPad - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (2 of 2) - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (1 of 2) - 2012
- Manage Podcasts WITHOUT an iTunes Sync Using Podcaster - 2011
- Podcast 368: Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves by Will Richardson - 2011
- Oklahoma's New K12 Educational Leader (Janet Barresi) Models Social Media Use - 2011
- Offline, mobile-friendly webpages on an iPhone or iPod Touch - 2010
- From One Computer Lab to 1:1 - Best Practices of Technology Integration by Katie Bader and Diane Bilcer - 2010
- Podcast220V: Cleaning Up Downloaded Podcasts with Juice Receiver - 2008
- Podcast 120: Using Flickr and Bubbleshare for Digital Storytelling and Collaborative Projects - 2007