http://ole.org/ This is exciting OER work! We need to get on board with these types of open content initiatives in our US schools! Consider this closing quotation from the FastCompany article: “This idea, common among these tech-driven educational entrepreneurs, imagines a new role for teachers. “The main transformational change that needs to happen is for the teacher to transform from the purveyor of information to the coach,” says Weinberger of Innovations for Learning. As Rowe puts it, “Up until very recently, most communications were hub-and-spoke, one to many. The Internet is a many- to-many environment, which is in the early stages of having a major impact on education. It involves a fairly major change in the concept of what education is, which is one of the reasons we use the term ‘learning’ as distinct from ‘education.’ It’s student-centered and student-empowered.”” Bring on the learning revolution! Hat tip to Steve Kiser for sharing this article! Mobile blogged with my iPhone using the Notes app.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- July PD in OKC: Google Docs, iPad Media Camp & Scratch Camp - 2012
- Storychasing NASA History at Space Center Houston - 2011
- Dell Inspiron duo Convertible Tablet at the Microsoft Store - 2011
- The Marketing Slogans I'd Give AT&T - 2011
- Quickstart guides for Posterous and iPadio - 2010
- More book recommendations about the Middle East and Islam - 2010
- iTunes Account for a Child without a Credit Card - 2009
- 21st Century Skills Our Students Need - 2008
- A Message for my School Board - 2008
- links for 2008-07-06 - 2008