iOS is the name of Apple’s mobile operating system which runs on the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. All iOS devices can be used for recording, and in his latest video podcast, edtech guru Tony Vincent shares some great tips for using the “Voice Memo” app along with iTunes to audio record in the classroom.
IMHO, Tony Vincent sets the bar for educational video podcasts – and it’s a high one. I’m admittedly enthralled not only with the great ideas Tony shares, but also with the high-tech video presentation tools he’s used to create his shows. If you’re not already subscribed to his “Learning in Hand” blog, definitely add it to your RSS reader / news aggregator. I’ll be sharing his website along with other resources tomorrow in a full day workshop I’m presenting for faculty at Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant on the “iPad in Education” as well as “Blended Learning Tips for Faculty.”
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Sample Popsicle Catapult for STEM Class - 2014
- Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents (Narrated Slideshow) - 2013
- Mirroring a Cohort WordPress Blog with Posterous - 2011
- Lessons learned using PowerPoint Jeopardy Template (game) - 2010
- Great experiences today with Google Moderator and Wimba discussing Copyright - 2009
- Using Blogs and CoverItLive to Discuss President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Assume your inbox is public record - 2008
- Podcast189E: Things Mid-Del Learning Leaders Are Passionate About - 2007
- Convergence: iTunes and Cell Phones, iPod nano - 2005
- Reading Like Writers - 2005