Today I had an opportunity to spend the morning with Dr. Gerald Knezek visiting with educators in Irving ISD. There are lots of things to share which I’m thinking about now as a result of our conversations, but since I don’t have time to write them in a post at present I recorded a twelve minute video reflection. My students in “Computers in the Classroom” tomorrow are going to participate in a video scavenger hunt using Flip video cameras, so I thought it would be valuable to experiment some more with the camera myself. This video was recorded with a Flip UltraHD camcorder. The 12 minute clip was 412 MB. I did not edit or compress it before uploading to YouTube. It took a LONG time (over an hour I think) to transcode to Flash format on YouTube.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Cloud Print Offline with Brother MFC-J4420DW - 2015
- Make Word Processing Easier and Reduce Printing Costs with Split View - 2011
- Digital Storytelling and Writing with the Story Arc and Freytag's pyramid - 2010
- Ideas for a Flip Camera Video Scavenger Hunt - 2010
- Bob Sprankle's Reflections on our Podcasting Journeys in Podcast 100 - 2009
- Reflections after watching an engaged digital learner - 2009
- OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting - Oct 2009 - 2009
- Calling all Oklahoma Storychasers - OKC3 Deadline extended to Nov 15th! - 2009
- Who can run our living room TV anymore? - 2009
- When Night Falls 2007: Plan to Participate! - 2007