These are my notes from an unconference session on Glogster in the classroom at the “Co-teaching and Collaboration Conference” in St Paul, Minnesota on 11 Nov 2010, at the School Community of Excellence. This session was facilitated by Angie Wrobleski.
Glogster is an internet website where you can make a poster, add text, audio, videos, and links
– if you create one for free without logging in, you can’t edit it later
There is edu.glogster.com that has content flagging, so you’re less likely to run into objectionable content (it’s definitely possible on the main site)
This is a collection of great educational / classroom Glogster examples created for this workshop
Student-created Glog example about respect
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Hopscotch Challenges: A Free Curriculum eBook for iPad Coders - 2013
- Empowering Women Worldwide Through Creative, Handmade Designs - 2013
- Mapping Media at Library Camp 2013 (Fort Wayne, Indiana) - 2013
- How the Internet Can Change the Way We Create Stuff & Solve Problems - 2012
- Talking K12Online11 on Classroom 2.0 Saturday November 12th - 2011
- English learners in the digital age: natives, immigrants or outsiders #collab21 - 2010
- I'm a teacher, and I have the best job in the WORLD #EdCampKC - 2010
- Unlocking the Past: Techniques for Conducting Meaningful Interviews - 2009
- Fast Forward: Oral History in the 21st Century by Donald Ritchie - 2009
- Video Tributes to Oklahoma Veterans - 2009