(this is a self-nomination) I’m very passionate about working as a change agent in our schools to promote 21st century skills, blended learning, and transformative 1:1 environments for learning. Balanced content filtering is a key part of that conversation, and as parents as well as community members we need to understand the facts and stop acting based on ignorance and fear about Internet safety issues. I’m an experienced presenter and want to succinctly make this case for a wider audience. The “Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook” will be available / in use by TEDxOKC in April (outlined in the OpenBeta5 presentation video shared above as #1) and it will be good to share results to date as well as the tool with others.
I’m very enthused we’re going to have a TEDx event in Oklahoma City. Whether or not I have an opportunity to present there I’m going to do my best to attend. There’s a tremendous amount of synergy around these events, and I look forward to not only hearing the great ideas of others but also working with others to continue making our state even better as a result of TED sharing!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great Posts on Interactive Writing (Blogging) - 2013
- Free Webinar: Mobile Writing on the Go with KidBlog and WordPress - 2013
- Increasing STEM Interest via College Visits & Reflections - 2011
- Will Operation Chokehold Bring the AT&T Network to its Knees Friday? - 2009
- Dickens and more: Free eBooks on the iPhone - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication Ceremony Videos - 2007
- Enabling social bookmarking - 2007
- K12Online07 recommendations for Bud's Peer Teacher - 2007
- Making learning relevant - 2006
- Shining lights, finding nuggets, adding tools - 2006