In his 11 minute presentation at Harvard’s Think Big 2 Event, Larry Lessig shared a passionate call for us to become “root strikers,” in the parlance of Henry David Thoreau, to wage a war to save our republic from the funders who now buy influence in Washington DC as a normal matter of course.
Take about ten minutes to watch this video and be inspired. I agree with Larry, it’s time to strike the roots.
We need to take action to take back our republic from the corporations and wealthy individuals who now purchase the laws they want. As Larry exhorts us, the dependency of our nation should be on the will of the people. This is the REAL political reform we need to advance in the United States.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Conference Podcast Recipe and Workflow - 2015
- My Hail Story - 2013
- The Portable $500 LED Projector I Want - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- Podcast313: Top 10 Reasons to Be a StoryChaser - 2009
- Podcast248: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast06 - Cell Phones and Mobile Devices for Learning (Part 1 of 3) - 2008
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008