In his 11 minute presentation at Harvard’s Think Big 2 Event, Larry Lessig shared a passionate call for us to become “root strikers,” in the parlance of Henry David Thoreau, to wage a war to save our republic from the funders who now buy influence in Washington DC as a normal matter of course.
Take about ten minutes to watch this video and be inspired. I agree with Larry, it’s time to strike the roots.
We need to take action to take back our republic from the corporations and wealthy individuals who now purchase the laws they want. As Larry exhorts us, the dependency of our nation should be on the will of the people. This is the REAL political reform we need to advance in the United States.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- My Hail Story - 2013
- The Portable $500 LED Projector I Want - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- Podcast313: Top 10 Reasons to Be a StoryChaser - 2009
- Podcast248: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast06 - Cell Phones and Mobile Devices for Learning (Part 1 of 3) - 2008
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Podcast148: Building 21st Century Achievers (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2007