…has embarked on a campaign designed to instill pride in Nebraska public schools among various constituents. From parents to lawmakers, taxpayers to those considering a move to the state. We want everyone to know about the good work taking place throughout the state, and we want taxpayers and lawmakers to feel good about their continued support and investment in our education system.
This is educational storychasing at its finest. Check out this five minute video, “NElovesPS Adams Central,” described with the sentence: “Adams Central teacher Kristin Lukow is determined to get all of her students involved, whether singing, dancing, or bouncing basketballs to learn about music.”
What a GREAT celebration of great teachers, great teaching and great learning! It’s also superb videography. This kind of advocacy is DIRELY needed in our nation today. Amidst talk and continued planning for the “Save Our Schools” march in Washington D.C. on July 31st, I think we can all learn a great deal from the #NElovesPS campaign. I’m inspired!
Way to go Sherwood Foundation leaders and proactive educators in Nebraska! We all need to follow your lead and TELL OUR STORIES about great learning, great teaching, passionate teachers, and wonderful public schools.
Are you aware of campaigns similar to this one in other US states? If so please share links as comments.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Email Overload at School and Work - 2019
- Interview on the Techlandia Podcast and Webshow - 2013
- Don't assume your public wifi connection is secure - 2010
- When student published videos go viral: Lessons Learned - 2010
- Cook Time with Remmi (9 year old from Tulsa, OK) - 2010
- Learn some new history via videos from teachers in Stratford, Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast319: Integrating Podcasting into the Classroom Using Moodle by Dean Mantz and Brian Richter (PodStock2009) - 2009
- Geocaching across Kansas! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-01 - 2008
- For my first guest.... - 2007