…has embarked on a campaign designed to instill pride in Nebraska public schools among various constituents. From parents to lawmakers, taxpayers to those considering a move to the state. We want everyone to know about the good work taking place throughout the state, and we want taxpayers and lawmakers to feel good about their continued support and investment in our education system.
This is educational storychasing at its finest. Check out this five minute video, “NElovesPS Adams Central,” described with the sentence: “Adams Central teacher Kristin Lukow is determined to get all of her students involved, whether singing, dancing, or bouncing basketballs to learn about music.”
What a GREAT celebration of great teachers, great teaching and great learning! It’s also superb videography. This kind of advocacy is DIRELY needed in our nation today. Amidst talk and continued planning for the “Save Our Schools” march in Washington D.C. on July 31st, I think we can all learn a great deal from the #NElovesPS campaign. I’m inspired!
Way to go Sherwood Foundation leaders and proactive educators in Nebraska! We all need to follow your lead and TELL OUR STORIES about great learning, great teaching, passionate teachers, and wonderful public schools.
Are you aware of campaigns similar to this one in other US states? If so please share links as comments.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Interview on the Techlandia Podcast and Webshow - 2013
- Don't assume your public wifi connection is secure - 2010
- When student published videos go viral: Lessons Learned - 2010
- Cook Time with Remmi (9 year old from Tulsa, OK) - 2010
- Learn some new history via videos from teachers in Stratford, Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast319: Integrating Podcasting into the Classroom Using Moodle by Dean Mantz and Brian Richter (PodStock2009) - 2009
- Geocaching across Kansas! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-01 - 2008
- For my first guest.... - 2007
- Star Wars Clone Wars - 2006