This past April, Oklahoma City hosted the first TEDx event in our state: TEDxOKC. As expected, it was a fantastic day of inspirational and moving talks. Today at lunch I ran into Ken Stoner, who was the primary organizer of TEDxOKC, and he told me a TEDxOU event is being scheduled for January 2012. A Facebook page has been created for TEDxOU with an accompanying website to follow soon!
Ken also mentioned that many of the videos from April’s TEDxOKC are now available on YouTube. A current YouTube search for “TEDxOKC” yields 18 videos. My favorite by far was Eric Maddox – “The Evolution of Combat Interrogation.” Eric was the man responsible for leading the team which eventually found Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Take 17 minutes and watch this video. It’s amazing on multiple levels. Our nation is blessed to have intelligent, savvy warriors like Eric leading our troops and civilian forces. I’m sure you’ll notice, as I did, Eric’s team didn’t send anyone to Gitmo to acquire the intelligence needed to find Saddam.
Another 2011 TEDxOKC presentation to not miss (for very different reasons) is Kyle Dillingham’s closing thoughts in “Re-thinking the Symphony and Connecting with the World.” If you had any doubt about incredibly talented musicians in Oklahoma, Kyle will lay your doubts to rest.
Many thanks to Ken Stoner and all the other organizers as well as volunteers who made TEDxOKC a big success! Follow TEDxOU on Facebook and get ready for more inspiration in January 2012!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast414: June 2014 Educational Technology Conference Updates - 2014
- #Playingwithmedia - Go beyond paperless - 2012
- Sharing YouTube Activity Digital Breadcrumbs - 2011
- Avoid Controversial Related YouTube Videos When You Embed on a Blog #gct - 2011
- Jaycut, not YouTube, has the best online, free video editor today - 2010
- Mac OS 10.5.3 Address Book Syncs to Google! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-22 - 2008
- Hallmark of 21st Century Learning: Use of web video - 2007
- Administrators Who Blog, Read Blogs, and Podcast - 2007
- Most remarkable distance learning stories - 2006