Since arriving in Missoula a few hours ago, I’ve noticed some slight climatic differences between Montana and Oklahoma this month.
Tuesday I’ll be sharing the opening keynote at the 2011 Educational Technology Conference, “Building Human Connections in a Digital World.” Use the Twitter hashtag #blackfootetc to follow the conference the next three days. A number of sessions will be streamed live online for free.
My keynote title is: “Transformative Personal Connections in a Hyperconnected World.” The official keynote description is:
Although our world is more wired and connected than ever, the most transformative uses of technology today are personal rather than technical. In our opening keynote Wesley will explore how individuals are utilizing technology to personalize learning and transformatively humanize education in the 21st century.
In the presentation I’ll focus on Screens, Stories and Sites. (Hat tip to Phillip Cummings for help with that last subtopic!) Here are the slides and videos I’ll be sharing. Among other things, I’ll be encouraging conference attendees to make time for playing with media!
Inclusion Video by Brian Crosby (embedded version not available)
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Books on My Wish List Thanks to Bob Sprankle - 2012
- 12 Graphics to Illustrate Mapping Media to the Curriculum - 2012
- The phrase "CIPA compliant content" can be misleading - 2011
- iPad Apps for the classroom #blackfootETC - 2011
- From 671 trains in a day to six: Transformations in travel and learning - 2010
- Show your remaining battery percentage on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc) - 2010
- Painful signs of media convergence in my hometown - 2009
- Decking a house - Sharing with a VoiceThread and a JayCut video - 2008
- Maintaining perspective and changing the world - 2007
- Featured speaker at Oklahoma Encyclo-Media - 2007