Since arriving in Missoula a few hours ago, I’ve noticed some slight climatic differences between Montana and Oklahoma this month.
Tuesday I’ll be sharing the opening keynote at the 2011 Educational Technology Conference, “Building Human Connections in a Digital World.” Use the Twitter hashtag #blackfootetc to follow the conference the next three days. A number of sessions will be streamed live online for free.
My keynote title is: “Transformative Personal Connections in a Hyperconnected World.” The official keynote description is:
Although our world is more wired and connected than ever, the most transformative uses of technology today are personal rather than technical. In our opening keynote Wesley will explore how individuals are utilizing technology to personalize learning and transformatively humanize education in the 21st century.
In the presentation I’ll focus on Screens, Stories and Sites. (Hat tip to Phillip Cummings for help with that last subtopic!) Here are the slides and videos I’ll be sharing. Among other things, I’ll be encouraging conference attendees to make time for playing with media!
Inclusion Video by Brian Crosby (embedded version not available)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Choose Your Own Adventure YouTube Video: Lessons Learned - 2017
- Moving Students From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-ABLE: Michael Wesch at TEDxKC - 2014
- Left to Their Own Devices - 2013
- Help Shape the Vision of Oklahoma City Public Schools: Sunday August 4th - 2013
- Books on My Wish List Thanks to Bob Sprankle - 2012
- 12 Graphics to Illustrate Mapping Media to the Curriculum - 2012
- The phrase "CIPA compliant content" can be misleading - 2011
- iPad Apps for the classroom #blackfootETC - 2011
- From 671 trains in a day to six: Transformations in travel and learning - 2010
- Show your remaining battery percentage on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc) - 2010