Congratulations to Brad Wilson who shared the student media example, “4th Graders Interview State Rep During Field Trip” on the Playing with Media SHARING site in September. Brad’s 4th graders recorded a short audio interview using the free Cinch application on a 2nd generation iPod Touch (using a ThumbTack mic) during a school field trip to the Michigan State Capitol building. I used the free random name picker and website, “Interactive Fruit Machine” to select Brad as the winner for the “Playing with Media” September drawing. I recorded a screencast of the drawing using a free account on Screenr.com. I cross-posted this video to YouTube using Screenr’s built-in cross-posting feature.
In October 2011, I’ll be giving away an “RCA VR5320 1GB Digital Voice Recorder” to an educator who shares an example of student work on share.playingwithmedia.com. For more details, see the playingwithmedia.com post, “Win a Digital Audio Recorder in October 2011.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- A Fourth Grader is Inspired by Oklahoma Artist Danny Gordon - 2013
- Podcast381: Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom - 2011
- Podcast361: Be Like Google (as a school community) - 2010
- Podcast360: Say YES to WikiPedia by Philip Cummings - 2010
- Podcast359: PODDY Training: iPod Touches in the Early Childhood Classroom - 2010
- Podcast358: Lessons Learned Ustreaming EVERY Conference Presentation (and more) with Clif Mims - 2010
- My TeachMeet Tennessee Shares on Digital Storytelling and Balanced Filtering in Schools #tmtn - 2010
- Audioboo: Favorite family web 2.0 app by @clifmims #tmtn - 2010
- 2010 will be an interesting year for Oklahoma educational politics - 2009
- RIAA lawsuits are not constructive responses to P2P file sharing - 2008