In late December 2011 I received an email about draft rules written by our Oklahoma State Department of Education which cover online courses for K-12 students. This document is available as a PDF from the Oklahoma SDE, and I’ve archived a copy too. Emergency rules regarding online courses for K-12 students in Oklahoma public schools were rescinded in November 2011.
While the new draft rules are available on the SDE website, I can’t find a link to submit “public comments” on either the Oklahoma SDE News Blog site (ok.gov/sde/newsblogs), the old SDE homepage or the new one. If you know where information is posted about submitting public comments on these draft rules please let me know by leaving a comment. The document itself does not provide any guidance or contact info for people wanting to submit public comments.
I haven’t read through these in detail but will in upcoming days. I’ll probably submit “a public comment” if I can learn where and how to do so.
UPDATE2: The following link provides instructions about submitting public comments for this proposed rule change: www.sde.state.ok.us/Law/Rules. The published impact statement for this rule change is also worth reading.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Jan 18: Creating Multimedia eBooks - 2013
- Oklahoma City PS Students: Enroll in Virtual Classes for Fall 2013 by Feb 8th - 2013
- Avoiding AT&T's Ridiculous iPhone Data Fees by Switching to T-Mobile - 2012
- Is it right to decide to make your children famous? - 2011
- “Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Connected Learning Communities: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Storychasing the 2010 Trappers Rendezvous - 2010
- Update about the PodStock 2010 Conference - 2010
- From deer leg to Captain Hook's hook - 2010
- Get creative when the blogging light is lit - 2010