Did you know 40% of children diagnosed with autism cannot speak? For reasons we don’t completely understand, the numbers of children in our society diagnosed with autism are on the rise. The following is a beautiful, powerful video scripted and created by AutismOklahoma.org. This was published at the end of last month on YouTube. It is a magnificent example of digital storytelling.
If you know someone in Oklahoma affected by Autism, put them in touch with http://www.AutismOklahoma.org if they are not already involved. If you live in another state or location, seek out an autism support group in your area.
Hat tip to my wife for sharing this video. She and her church nursery workers provided child care this evening for parents of children with autism to have a Valentine’s Day night out. I’m thankful for the blessing those nursery workers shared tonight with many of our Oklahoma families touched by autism. There is tremendous power and value in collaborating and networking together to better understand and address challenges like autism.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lessons Learned as a School Director of Technology - 2019
- Narrated Sketchnote on Mindfulness and Resiliency - 2016
- Classroom Creativity: The Longer Path to Success - 2016
- 5 Hours of Professional Development Podcasts from Yukon Today - 2013
- Student Storychasers Begin Work at Skyview Elementary in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2012
- Why I Upgraded my EduBlogs Account - 2011
- Sometimes our toughest teachers prepare us the best - 2011
- Communication in the Digital Age (via ShareTabs) - 2010
- Embedding Video in a VoiceThread: Role Playing Annabeth Chase from The Lightning Thief (book) - 2010
- Sir Ken Robinson on Creativity and Transforming our Schools (ITSC 2009) - 2009