In this 3.5 minute screencast, digital learning consultant Wesley Fryer demonstrates how to use the $4 iPad application “eBook Creator” to export an enhanced eBook (in ePub format) to the DropBox application, and then email a public link to the ePub to a Posterous blog so it will “post” as a publicly accessible link for anyone to download. The following iPad apps are required to follow these steps:
eBook Creator ($4)
A free blog on Posterous.com is also required:
View the example enhanced eBook from this screencast on:
Learn more about “minimal click” ways to share digital text, audio, images and video in Wesley’s eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.”
This narrated slideshow / screencast was created on an iPad and published directly to YouTube using the “Explain Everything” app.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Podcast303: Transforming Pedagogy in NZ Schools, Duck Hunting in Hobbiton, the Easy Talk Microphone, and Kid Witness News - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008
- Podcast134: Eric Langhorst on Teaching History with 21st Century Technology - 2007
- The WOW2 skype/chat is now! - 2007