Goons, the nephew of a participant in this week’s iPad Media Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma, is a Chicago “street artist” who created all the original artwork in the amazing 78 second stopmotion YouTube video, “Clean It Up,” sponsored by Orbit Gum. It currently has over 1 million views.
The teacher/relative of Goons shared this video with me as we learned about “Quick Edit iPad Videography” and publishing options for YouTube in today’s workshop. The curriculum I put together for the second day of my initial three-part iPad Media Camp was a far cry from the July 2011 “YouTube Teachers Studio” event, but hopefully our activities still inspired teacher participants to utilize video in more creative ways both personally and with students next school year. Yesterday we focused on Narrated SlideShows and Screencasts using the iPad apps Show Me (free) and Explain Everything ($2).
For more background about what drives Goons in his Chicago street art, check out the 3.5 minute video, “Goons!” He’s clearly a man driven by a desire to express himself creatively.
I added “Clean It Up” to my YouTube “Stopmotion” playlist, which now includes 23 videos.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Social Media in the Classroom: Amplifying our Students by Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Visual Notetaking at ISTE 2013 - 2013
- iPad Illustrations by Rachel Fryer (age 7) for #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Comparing No-Edit Cloud Based Audio Recording Options #playingwithmedia - 2011
- The iTunes Album Which Was Lost Is Found! - 2011
- Optimize iTunes import settings for audio book CDs - 2010
- iPhone GS for Mobile Video Publication: A big battery disappointment - 2009
- UAV Exhibit at Smithsonian Air and Space - 2009
- Lots more stopmotion fun and lessons learned - 2008
- links for 2008-06-26 - 2008