Daniel Floyd’s ten minute YouTube video, “Video Games and Storytelling,” is a video lecture you won’t soon forget. Reminiscent of “RSA Animate – Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us,” about Dan Pink’s book “Drive,” this video by Daniel Floyd is the most intense, “rapid-fire” visual presentation of related images I’ve seen in a video lecture to date. Several clever visual quips in here, but you certainly have to pay close attention! The content is outstanding also… as a digital storyteller and a storychaser, I’m quite interested in the confluence between storytelling and gaming.
Daniel has a total of eight “video lectures” about video games in his YouTube playlist, “Video games and…” Check them out!
Daniel’s official blogger profile page identifies him as an animator living in Athens, Georgia, but his only blog on Blogger hasn’t been updated since September 2010. If you know what he’s up to now and/or have a link to his current work, please share via a comment. Several of the video descriptions on Daniel’s YouTube channel indicate he’s moved to Escapist Magazine, so perhaps that’s the answer. If Daniel is on Twitter or maintaining another blog, however, I’d like to follow.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Use Video Camera Like a Pencil - A Blog Like a Textbook - 2014
- Wind Energy in the Classroom at Podstock 2013 - 2013
- Lessons Learned Teaching Mapping Media Last Semester as a Blended Course - 2013
- Webcasting with Ustream, an iPad, a Tripod & an XLR Boundary Microphone - 2012
- It's not a real spider, it's just a smartphone - 2011
- Alan November's website was hacked - 2010
- River Rafting in Colorado with Buffalo Joe's on the Arkansas River - 2010
- A free online musical - But watch out - No ratings here... - 2008
- Know any fantastic Drupal developers? - 2008
- 50 iPhone emails today - 2007