In June and July this year I’ve had wonderful experiences facilitating three day iPad Media Camps for teachers, librarians and administrators in Oklahoma. On day two of iPad Media Camp, campers learn how to create “Quick Edit Videos” with an iPad and publish them directly to their own YouTube teacher channel. These are a few of my favorite videos created by iPad Media Campers this summer, which were shared during camp sessions to our Posterous site: ipadmediacamp.posterous.com.
Using Technology (3 min – Teachers share innovative ways they’ve integrated technology in their classrooms and been inspired to use technology in transformative ways during iPad Media Camp)
Cancer (1.5 min – a teacher shares powerful lessons she learned with her students about courage and perseverance)
iPad Media Camp Recommendations (2.5 min – discusses reasons to create student digital portfolios, why “Explain Everything” is a powerful app, and more app recommendations for teachers)
Advice To New Parents (3 min – Teachers share sage advice for a soon-to-be mom)
Digital Books Vs Traditional Books (1.5 min – an 8 year old shares her thoughts on the benefits of eBooks)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Brainstorming Conference & PD Session Topics for 2011-2012 - 2011
- We SAW the International Space Station Fly Over Oklahoma City! - 2011
- Podcast353: Free, Online K-12 Education Options for ALL Oklahoma Students via Epic One on One Charter School - 2010
- 6 WordPress blogs all updated to WP 2.8.2 - 2009
- Full Solar Eclipse Images - 2009
- First experiences with web-based digital story editing: JumpCut! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-22 - 2008
- Podcast174: Relevance in the Attention Economy Part 1: Key Ideas - 2007
- Yellowhouse Canyon: A Place-Based Writing Experiment - 2005
- Photos from Baghdad, email from Central Asia - 2003