In June and July this year I’ve had wonderful experiences facilitating three day iPad Media Camps for teachers, librarians and administrators in Oklahoma. On day two of iPad Media Camp, campers learn how to create “Quick Edit Videos” with an iPad and publish them directly to their own YouTube teacher channel. These are a few of my favorite videos created by iPad Media Campers this summer, which were shared during camp sessions to our Posterous site: ipadmediacamp.posterous.com.
Using Technology (3 min – Teachers share innovative ways they’ve integrated technology in their classrooms and been inspired to use technology in transformative ways during iPad Media Camp)
Cancer (1.5 min – a teacher shares powerful lessons she learned with her students about courage and perseverance)
iPad Media Camp Recommendations (2.5 min – discusses reasons to create student digital portfolios, why “Explain Everything” is a powerful app, and more app recommendations for teachers)
Advice To New Parents (3 min – Teachers share sage advice for a soon-to-be mom)
Digital Books Vs Traditional Books (1.5 min – an 8 year old shares her thoughts on the benefits of eBooks)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Brainstorming Conference & PD Session Topics for 2011-2012 - 2011
- We SAW the International Space Station Fly Over Oklahoma City! - 2011
- Podcast353: Free, Online K-12 Education Options for ALL Oklahoma Students via Epic One on One Charter School - 2010
- 6 WordPress blogs all updated to WP 2.8.2 - 2009
- Full Solar Eclipse Images - 2009
- First experiences with web-based digital story editing: JumpCut! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-22 - 2008
- Podcast174: Relevance in the Attention Economy Part 1: Key Ideas - 2007
- Yellowhouse Canyon: A Place-Based Writing Experiment - 2005
- Photos from Baghdad, email from Central Asia - 2003