I shared the following websites and resources with an Oklahoma City suburban school administrator recently who is helping start a STEM program at one of their elementary schools next fall. If you’re a STEM educator or involved with a K-12 STEM program these might be helpful. Both Chris Simon and Amy Luffelhotz are grade 4-5 STEM teachers in Yukon Public Schools.
- Chris Simon’s STEM curriculum site
- Amy Luffelhotz’ STEM class blog
- Independence Elementary School’s Scratch Club site
- January 2013 Yukon Review article about kids learning Scratch
Info on the Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp Chris Simon and I led:
I have more STEM and Scratch related resources on:
- Deepening our Learning Through Storytelling: creativity, STEM and stories
- Support STEM Skills with Scratch
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- Encouraging 5th Grade Writing with Benny the Mastiff & KidBlog in Piedmont, Oklahoma - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Waiting for a Cator Tweet - 2011
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008