I shared the following websites and resources with an Oklahoma City suburban school administrator recently who is helping start a STEM program at one of their elementary schools next fall. If you’re a STEM educator or involved with a K-12 STEM program these might be helpful. Both Chris Simon and Amy Luffelhotz are grade 4-5 STEM teachers in Yukon Public Schools.
- Chris Simon’s STEM curriculum site
- Amy Luffelhotz’ STEM class blog
- Independence Elementary School’s Scratch Club site
- January 2013 Yukon Review article about kids learning Scratch
Info on the Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp Chris Simon and I led:
I have more STEM and Scratch related resources on:
- Deepening our Learning Through Storytelling: creativity, STEM and stories
- Support STEM Skills with Scratch
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- Encouraging 5th Grade Writing with Benny the Mastiff & KidBlog in Piedmont, Oklahoma - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Waiting for a Cator Tweet - 2011
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008