For the past several months, I’ve been meeting with three outstanding authors who live in the Oklahoma City area and have dreamed for years of organizing their own conference for writers and aspiring writers. Together, Rene Gutteridge, Melanie Hemry, and Cheri Fuller have published over 70 books with traditional print publishers. Today I’m thrilled to announce the first annual “Write Well, Sell Well Conference” is scheduled for Saturday, September 21, 2013, in Oklahoma City! A 1 page PDF flyer is available with more information about the conference and registration details. The conference will be held at Crossings Community Center.
In addition to continuing to help Rene, Melanie and Cheri with their conference website, I’ll be helping facilitate a conference breakout panel discussion on Independent & eBook Publishing. Having just published my second eBook last month, I’m eager to both share my lessons learned with independent eBook publishing as well as learn from others about their experiences as well as challenges in this process.
If you’re a writer or interested in becoming a published writer, this one day conference will provide some outstanding opportunities to learn more about the trade. Sessions will focus both on the craft of writing as well as the business/marketing side of writing. The keynote address in the morning will be shared by Greg Johnson, who has been a full-time literary agent since 1994. Check out the conference speaker’s page for more details about Greg and the other scheduled speakers.
I hope to see you in Oklahoma City on September 21st for the Write Well, Sell Well Conference!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- Podcast322: Powerful Ingredients for Blended Learning (Ingredients 1 - 5) - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-08 - 2008
- Podcast170: Reinventing Project-Based Learning by Jane Krauss and Suzie Boss - 2007