I just updated my Pinnacle Studio for iPad app tonight, and noticed in the update description some HUGE news: The app now supports opening audio files you send yourself in email and can open from other apps. You can also import different kinds of media (including audio) from cloud storage sources. This is tectonic-sized good news for iPad videographers!
I helped facilitate an iPad digital storytelling workshop using Pinnacle Studio in December 2012 for Storychasers, and one of the biggest limitations we ran into involved sources for imported audio. Unlike iMovie for iPad, Pinnacle Studio supports two different video tracks and up to three different audio tracks. It’s the most sophisticated and flexible app I’ve used to-date for iPad videography, but the previous limitations on only importing audio from your iTunes library were VERY limiting. Now, those limits are history! Woo hoo!
If you’re interested in learning how to use Pinnacle Studio for iPad to edit and publish videos, join me for an “intermediate” Storychaser iPad Digital Storytelling workshop on Saturday, November 16, 2013 in Yukon, Oklahoma. Registration is available via EventBrite.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comments to the Oklahoma City Board of Education: Oct 20, 2014 - 2014
- 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal: Your Table[t]d’hôte Today - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- Chris Lehmann on School Change at Ignite Philly - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006