I just updated my Pinnacle Studio for iPad app tonight, and noticed in the update description some HUGE news: The app now supports opening audio files you send yourself in email and can open from other apps. You can also import different kinds of media (including audio) from cloud storage sources. This is tectonic-sized good news for iPad videographers!
I helped facilitate an iPad digital storytelling workshop using Pinnacle Studio in December 2012 for Storychasers, and one of the biggest limitations we ran into involved sources for imported audio. Unlike iMovie for iPad, Pinnacle Studio supports two different video tracks and up to three different audio tracks. It’s the most sophisticated and flexible app I’ve used to-date for iPad videography, but the previous limitations on only importing audio from your iTunes library were VERY limiting. Now, those limits are history! Woo hoo!
If you’re interested in learning how to use Pinnacle Studio for iPad to edit and publish videos, join me for an “intermediate” Storychaser iPad Digital Storytelling workshop on Saturday, November 16, 2013 in Yukon, Oklahoma. Registration is available via EventBrite.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Comments to the Oklahoma City Board of Education: Oct 20, 2014 - 2014
- 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal: Your Table[t]d’hôte Today - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- Chris Lehmann on School Change at Ignite Philly - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006