These are my tweeted highlights and takeaways from a two hour presentation this evening at Quail Creek Elementary in Oklahoma City Public Schools by Brock Jolly (@collegefundingc). The title of his presentation for parents was, “Little Known Secrets of Paying for College.” Brock’s website is “The College Funding Coach.” He presents workshops like these nationwide for parents. He shared some great ideas and resources I had not heard of previously. I highly recommend you try and attend one of his presentations if he’s in your area. He’ll be back in Oklahoma City in September 2016.
This is the second in a series of posts about the journey of finding a college for your child and figuring out how to pay for it. Check out my first post from a couple weeks ago, “Lessons Learned on our Family’s College Journey (April 2016).” If you find this information useful please send a tweet reply to @wfryer or leave a comment here. I do NOT have all the answers when it comes to these situations and issues but am doing all I can to seek wise advise / counsel as well as identify resources which can help. Good grief this can be intimidating and even overwhelming!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Blogs I Follow (From a Feedly OPML Export) - 2014
- Transitioning from Print to a Digital Learning Ecosystem by Richard Culatta - 2012
- Opening Remarks by Janet Barresi: Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit - 2012
- Remembering April 19, 1995 - 2010
- Meeting with a future education leader: What would you say in 60 minutes? - 2010
- A Slidecast on Designing School 2.0 - 2009
- Podcast312: Reinventing Education for the 21st Century (Designing School 2.0) - 2009
- links for 2008-04-19 - 2008
- Be careful, be critical - 2007
- Permission to fail - 2007