Thanks to Barbara Ybarra, Technology Immersion Project Director for Bryan ISD in Texas, I learned about Penn State’s Center for One-to-One Computing in Education today. The center’s website has some great video clips in their video library, including a super video from their 2005 1:1 conference. Angus King, Elliot Soloway, Cathie Norris, Eva Lamar, and many others are interviewed in this video piece. They make a strong case for a vision of 1:1 computing in schools, project based learning, and knowledge CONSTRUCTION rather than mere CONSUMPTION in classrooms.
Check out Bryan ISD’s Immersion Podcast for more info about the great work with technology immersion Barbara and many others have been doing for several years now as part of TxTIP. I’ll be going down to College Station in 2 weeks to spend 3 days working with teachers there, primarily focusing on blogging and podcasting. I know I’ll be learning a ton myself working with the teachers there! 🙂
I have added these websites to my 1:1 computing social bookmarks.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Email Overload at School and Work - 2019
- Interview on the Techlandia Podcast and Webshow - 2013
- Nebraska Loves Our Public Schools: Educational Advocacy We Need! - 2011
- Don't assume your public wifi connection is secure - 2010
- When student published videos go viral: Lessons Learned - 2010
- Cook Time with Remmi (9 year old from Tulsa, OK) - 2010
- Learn some new history via videos from teachers in Stratford, Oklahoma - 2009
- Geocaching across Kansas! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-01 - 2008
- For my first guest.... - 2007