I believe we need to give our students choices in the ways they “show what they know.” A hallmark of high-quality education in the 21st century is “differentiated assessment,” as well as differentiated instruction. In making this case to your administrator, consider using the 2001 revision to Bloom’s Taxonomy by Anderson and Krathwohl. New Zealand educator Andrew Churches has created a wiki for Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy with lots of great resources related to this topic, and has also created a Scribed document explaining these ideas in detail. (Thanks to Darren Kuropatwa for alerting me to these resources!)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- FREE Hour of Code Webinars with Wes - 2013
- MinecraftEDU Beginner Challenge: Craft 10 Basic Tools with Wood and Stone - 2013
- AudioBoo Websites and Ports to Unblock on Your School Internet Content Filter - 2012
- K-12 Online Conference 2011 Closing Live Event: The Afterglow! - 2011
- An Exemplary Elementary Computer Lab Setup, Website and Lesson Plans - 2011
- Choose mobile learning devices instead of IWBs - 2010
- Learning More about Chrome OS - 2010
- Web-based Video Transcoding - A Beautiful Sight! - 2009
- Chapter book bedtime reading advice needed - 2008
- Encouraging community conversations about digital learning skills and school reform in Colorado - 2008