The EduTopia video “YES Prep Boasts a College-Bound Culture” is right on target: Helping students “picture themselves” at college, develop the goal orientation which leads to college attendance as well as the SKILLS required for success in college all start with face-to-face visits to different university campuses.
This video inspires me to think about setting up college visits for my own children as I have opportunities to travel with them this year. It’s never too early (or late) to talk with each other about our goals and dreams for learning and our lives.
All the videos available via EduTopia are phenomenal. I’m going to be utilizing a lot of them in my T4T (Technology 4 Teachers) class this semester at the University of Central Oklahoma. Class starts for us Wednesday – Yikes! My course materials are not complete yet… but will be soon! 🙂
Learn more about YesPrep on EduTopia’s page, “The Yes Prep Story.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Teaching Conspiracy Theories & Media Literacy to 6th Graders - 2022
- Custom Domain Mapping for a Classroom Google Site - 2016
- Backup iPhone SMS Messages on a Mac - 2016
- Creating Visual Notes on an iPad with ProCreate - 2015
- FREE on Amazon for Kindle - Hopscotch Challenges: Learn to Code on an iPad! eBook - 2014
- EdCampOKC 2013 Organizer Meeting January 10th [ARCHIVED VIDEO] - 2013
- Quality Counts Education State Reports: $5 Each?! - 2011
- iPhone Mobile Hotspot Capability Coming with iOS 4.3? - 2011
- Time Tracking (time sheet) App for iPhone - 2011
- Observations about Organizational Blogging and Social Media Use - 2011