Goodreader and iAnnotate are the two best applications I’ve used to date for reading PDF files and annotating them on an iPad. I like the way iAnnotate supports signatures, which can be handy when you need to sign a document, but I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t handle double column PDFs for annotations well. Here is an example.
I am reading the report “Citizens Blindsided: Secret Corporate Money in the 2010 Elections and America’s New Shadow Democracy” from People for the American Way. When I try to highlight several lines in the document in iAnnotate, it erroneously highlights across the column. The highlights I made in the upper part of the document below had to be made line by line, even when the highlights were contiguous. The highlight at the bottom shows how iAnnotate handles this if you try and highlight more than one line at the same time in a two column PDF file.
Goodreader, on the other hand, permits multi-line highlighting on a two column PDF file just fine.
At this point, I like Goodreader better for iPad PDF reading, since I love (and perhaps “need”) to highlight articles like this.
Have you had good or bad experiences highlighting and annotating PDF files on an iPad? What’s your favorite app and why?
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Inspired by National Geographic Explorer Andres Ruzo - 2019
- SmartPhones to Consider Besides the iPhone - 2016
- Lessons Learned: Hosting & Leading Local Technology Integration Workshops - 2012
- WordPress CSS Help Needed - 2011
- Take care of your laptop! (TPI: ThinkPad Investigation) - 2010
- Our need for systemic finance changes in US government - 2010
- Be sure comment moderation is turned ON for your school website - 2010
- Before The Battle of Hoth (Lego Stopmotion) - 2010
- New Mobile Photo Sharing Options - 2010
- A large dose of humble pie - 2008