This podcast is an audio recording of Jamie Reynolds and Amy Paden’s “Learning Walk” presentation “Educreations in Your Classroom: Use Narrated Slideshows to Enhance Learning” on August 7, 2013, at the TechKnowledgey 2013 Conference in Missoula, Montana. Jamie is the Library Media Specialist at Twin Bridges School, and Amy is a 1st grade teacher at Twin Bridges. They both were participants in the Spring 2013 “Mapping Media to the Common Core” course taught by Wesley Fryer via videoconference through the University of Montana. On their handout, Jamie and Amy wrote: Sharing these [student] presentations can be very powerful because parents and others have the opportunity to see and hear the work, ideas, and creativity of the students. Parents, grandparents and others will truly appreciate being able to connect with their kiddos in this way. Find someone on your staff or in a professional learning network you can collaborate with. This professional relationship will enable you to offer deeper educational experiences for you and your students. Subscribe to blogs, use twitter and seek out opportunities to enrich your knowledge base. These global forums offer great inspiration and ideas for your classroom and school.
- Jamie Reynolds on Twitter: @JamieiReynolds
- Amy Paden on Twitter: @amycpaden
- Twin Bridges School Library Media Center (great collection of published student work!)
- TechKnowledgy Conference – CSPD August Institute (Missoula, MT)
- Miss Nelson is Missing (13 min, 20 second video by Kindergarten students in Los Angeles)
- Hyperbola Equation and Graph (9th grade – Narrable – YouTube screencast version)
- Mapping Media to the Common Core Montana (Spring 2013 course schedule, syllabus & other info)
- Mapping Media to the Common Core Framework
- Mapping Media to the Common Core $5 eBook (also available on Amazon)
- Shout out to Bob Sprankle: @bobsprankle
- Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents (secondary podcast channel by @wfryer)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create and Share InfoPics to Show What You Know - 2017
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- iPhone Videography from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008