I recently had an opportunity to share some professional development workshops with teachers in Wichita, Kansas. This was a repeated, 2.5 hour BYOD workshop on “Mapping Media to the Common Core,” and I focused primarily on interactive writing (with TodaysMeet) as well as quick-edit videos using YouTube Capture and paper-slide videos. I have a variety of resources relating to Paper Slide Videos on the Narrated Slideshow / Screencast page of Mapping Media. These are two compilations of paper slide videos the teachers created in the workshop in the morning and afternoon, using iPads for recording. I combined the videos and uploaded them to YouTube using the free YouTube Capture app.
Paper slide videos are one of the media products I help teachers learn to create during day 2 of iPad Media Camp. It’s an ideal BYOD media project since it just requires a digital device with video recording capabilities, along with paper and colored markers. As a good assessment should, these videos provide a helpful “window” into where teachers are with their thinking about integrating technology tools into instruction. It can be very challenging to help teachers “think outside of the box” of traditional instructional goals and methods when it comes to technology integration. Several excerpts from these videos would be great to use with the SAMR framework, evaluating the level of technology integration the identified learning tasks highlight. Quite a few are at the “substitution” level.
All the referenced resources, including my presentation slides, from this October 9th workshop in Wichita, Kansas, are available on my Google Sites handouts wiki.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes’ free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Faculty Survey with Dr. Fryer – 2022
- Interactive Google Earth Updates and Map Tools: Solar System Exploration and Nuclear War – 2017
- Why YOU Should Become a Storychaser (whiteboard animation video) – 2013
- Dust Bowl Nightmare in Lubbock – 2011
- Cloud Computing Excitement for Content Consumption – 2011
- Easy iPhone Panoramic photos with Pano – 2009
- TechCon 2008 GabCast Channel and Chatzy Room – 2008
- K12Online07: Some Initial Statistics – 2007
- Behold the power of iSquint! – 2007
- 2 More K12Online07 PD Reflections – 2007