This afternoon after school we had our first meeting of “Makers Club” at our school for the semester. Generally we learn something new together and then students break up to work on different projects in our STEM classroom “Maker Studio.” Today, however, we opted to build a 64 x 64 block castle together (or at least start one) in MinecraftEDU. What fun we had! Unlike some past experiences with Creative mode in MinecraftEDU in our computer lab, today we didn’t have any “griefers” or big controversies. It was a blast! A great way to end the day. Can’t wait till next week when I hope to introduce students to my new Drawdio!
Here’s the group photo I took of everyone in front and above our partially created castle today. A few more screenshots are available in this Flickr set.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Cbus Flex-Gel iPad Cases: Fit Great in a Bretford iPad Cart - 2014
- Toffler on Feeling Overwhelmed (in 1980) - 2013
- Scratch Playing with Media Friday Meetup Cancelled (8 Feb 2013) - 2013
- Playing with FeedWordPress: Planning for the Classroom Newspaper of Now - 2013
- Don't Blame School Officials if Your Child Chooses to Look at Porn on His Laptop - 2012
- Individual vs Team Blogs for PreService Edu Students (Comparing KidBlog & EduBlogs) - 2011
- Dangerous Winter Temperatures - Snow in Houston! - 2011
- Ideas for a Google Reader Assignment? - 2011
- IMPACT Oklahoma Grant Workshop 2010 Notes - 2010
- A case study on why team blog MODERATION is essential in schools - 2010