Some of the elementary teachers at my school recently asked me to help them get started with classroom websites. I shared a Google Slide presentation with them on the topic, “Considering Audience and Purpose for Classroom Websites,” and discussed the specific pros and cons of using Seesaw (a digital portfolio platform and learning journal), Google Docs, “class pages” on our school website (powered by OnCampus/BlackBaud) and Google Sites. This evening, I recorded a 15 minute, synchronized, narrated slideshow using those slides, in case these ideas are of interest or helpful to others.
Please share a comment below or reach out on Twitter @wfryer if you have feedback for any of the suggestions and ideas I offer here. On related themes, you also might find my April 2017 post and narrated screencast, “Comparing Sharing Spaces: Google Classroom and SeeSaw” helpful as well. I created both narrated slideshows by:
- Opening a PDF copy of my Google Slides on my iPad in the Explain Everything app
- Adding audio narration in Explain Everything
- Exporting the final video to my iPad camera roll
- Uploading the video to YouTube using the iPad YouTube app
My February 2015 presentation resource page for “Classroom Home Base Websites” may also be helpful to you on these topics.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Audio Podcasting Workflows (August 2016) - 2016
- 70 iPad Apps for Elementary STEM - 2014
- Copyright Infringement Claims Lead to Suspension of Legoboy YouTube Channels - 2011
- OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting Notes: August 2011 - 2011
- Storychasing Follow Me Sunday with an iPad2 and iRig Mic - 2011
- Laptop Learning in Massachusetts: BYOL on the horizon? - 2010
- eBook Resources (for iPhone users and others) - 2009
- Akismet spam delete all problem fixed - 2008
- Live tweeting back to school night - 2008
- "Prince Caspian" and the Return to Narnia: Making the Journey to Literacy Through Fantasy - 2007