The move to “remote learning” at our school in late-March 2020 has corresponded with an uptick in the number of online workshops and webinars I’ve offered for teachers, mainly for faculty at our school as part of my “day job,” but also a few evening and weekend virtual presentations. All of the workshops I’ve led or facilitated for our teachers are linked from the “Genius Bar” page of our school’s instructional support website, in reverse chronological order. I’ve also added these today to my main presentations / handouts wiki page. Since March 19th this year, I’ve shared 12 new virtual workshops! If you have questions about any of these or the ideas I shared, please let me know via Twitter, my online contact form, or a comment here! The slides from each workshop are linked in the YouTube video descriptions, as well as on my presentation handouts page. I’ve also shared a few of these on my “Class with Dr. Fryer” Anchor podcast channel, which conveniently can be accessed via any Google or Amazon smart speaker!
Multimedia eBooks with Book Creator (1 May 2020)
Explain Everything for iPad (30 April 2020)
Seesaw Choice Boards (23 April 2020)
iPad Tips and Tricks (22 April 2020)
Zoom 101 for Small Group Leaders (16 April 2020)
GoToMeeting Orientation (9 April 2020)
Comparing and Understanding Google Classroom and Seesaw (31 March 2020)
Protecting Yourself and Your Family Online (26 March 2020)
Tips and Strategies for Remote Learning (23 March 2020)
Family Oral History Projects (19 March 2020)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Scratch Day in Oklahoma City on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 2016
- Key Takeaways from WYTECC 2015 in Rock Springs, Wyoming - 2015
- Family Oral History and Smartphones (May 2014) - 2014
- Server Alerts Via SMS Gateway or GSM Modem: Unique Identifier Question - 2012
- Lessons Learned From An Immediate Social Network Sharing Button - 2012
- Why was Osama Bin Laden Buried at Sea? - 2011
- NCLB was designed to define public schools as failures - 2010
- WordPress commenting restored thanks to phpMyAdmin table repair - 2009
- PodStock09 Stories - 2009
- Podcasts and Intellectual Property by Glenn Wiebe - 2009