This week’s podcast features a skypecast interview with Afan Ottenheimer of JeoNet. JeoNet is an Internet applications development company based in Iowa City, Iowa. Our conversation focuses on the viability of using open source software solutions in the educational IT environment from security, total cost of ownership, support, and usability standpoints.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Netcraft Webserver Surveys
- SUSE Linux
- Drupal (open source content management system)
- Red Hat Linux
- Facts about Downloading Linux from Linux.org
- Audacity (free open source, cross-platform software used to create this podcast)
Program Length: 31 min, 35 sec
File size: 14.5 MB
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Deepening our Learning Through Storytelling: creativity, STEM and stories - 2011
- Google SketchUp Workshop (Sept 2011) - 2011
- A Real Tipping Point? Vision for Individualized Learning in Maine - 2011
- This is a big map! (Giant Traveling Maps from National Geographic) - 2011
- The Fourth Part of the World by Toby Lester - 2011
- Giant Traveling Maps project from National Geographic - 2011
- Google in Education and Chromebooks (Sept 2011) - 2011
- Digitizing Student Portfolios with an iPod Touch - 2011
- iCarly inspires The Zebra Print - 2010
- Sticking with Free Ad-Supported SMS Alerts for Class - 2010