This podcast features an interview with a Library of Congress employee who helped staff the LOC booth at the Florida Educational Technology Conference in late March 2006. She discusses the digital resources available for students and teachers at the Library of Congress, several oral history projects and resource websites including American Memory, and addresses the importance of researching both in a library as well as online.
Program Length: 23 min, 24 sec
File size: 5.6 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- The US Library of Congress
- The American Memory Project at the LOC
- Edison’s Early Motion Pictures from the LOC
- Civil War Photographs from the LOC
- Library of Congress American Women Project / Resources
- Early draft of the Declaration of Independence
- Primary Documents in American History from the LOC
- The National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
- WebCasts from the LOC
- Digital Collections & Programs at the LOC
- Patriotic Melodies from the LOC
- Veterans History Project from the LOC
- The American Folklife Center at the LOC
- Voices from the Dust Bowl
- Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers’ Project
- Videoconferencing with the Library of Congress
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Daily Oklahoman Shares Yukon Scratch Camp Learning with Oklahoma City Readers - 2013
- US Army Moving to Embrace iPhones, iPads, and Blended Learning - 2011
- Tales of Digital Magic presentation resources #pbtechconf - 2010
- Maine laptops for grades 7-12 now, Texas still forcing paper textbook purchases - 2009
- What are the new literacies? - 2009
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Videos and Possible VFT - 2008
- Cell phones in Cuba today, political changes tomorrow? - 2008
- High Quality Learning: It's all about Nature (technology) AND Nurture (pedagogy) - 2007
- Bandwidth blues - 2007
- Mentoring and Edifying Student Bloggers - 2006