I’m afraid I am going to become addicted to Animoto. I timed “image upload to published movie” time for the following Animoto movie, and it was 14 minutes, 13 seconds. This included uploading 20 images from my hard drive to Flickr using the Flickr image uploader as a new set, selecting that image set in Animoto, briefly browsing the provided songs and selecting one, and clicking CREATE MOVIE. Amazing.
The longest part of this wait was for the Animoto site to render the video.
Still, compared to some rendering times I’ve experienced in the past (overnight for some of the early iMovies I made in 1999 and 2000) this is remarkably fast.
I’ve never seen an account with a balance of infinity till now.
Since I paid $30 for an “all-access pass” I can create videos longer than 30 seconds, which are automatically timed according to how many images are included in the video. This 20 image video is 60 seconds long.
Two more hours to wait before our aircraft leaves for Shanghai!
Then in JUST 16.5 hours, we’ll be on the east coast of the Asian continent!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- MinecraftEDU House Spanish Labeling Challenge - 2016
- Sortable, Mobilized Google Spreadsheet with Student Photos and Information - 2013
- Documenting Adventures in Shanghai on an iPhone - 2011
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship in Alva, Oklahoma (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast329: Playing Civilization Revolution on the iPod Touch / iPhone - 2009
- Helping more teachers and students access a Ning website via a subdomain and a CNAME entry in DNS - 2008
- Marketing flyer for K12Online08 - 2008
- Good morning, your WordPress blog has been hacked - 2008
- Giving Tiger Mail a try - 2006
- Join a skypecast about WikiSpaces! - 2006