This podcast is a recording of my final session at the Learning 2.0 conference in Shanghai, China, on September 16, 2007. The title of my session was “Global Voices: Distributed Learning Projects With Interactive Podcasting and VOIP Tools.” The description of this session in the conference program was: Amazing new voice technologies are enabling classrooms to connect across distances and engage in collaborative projects using both synchronous and asychronous voice interactions such as interactive podcasting, Skype or Google Talk. This session presents examples of successful interactive podcasting and voice over IP (VOIP) classroom exchange projects, as well as discusses reasons why campus administrators and district leaders should encourage these types of collaborative projects to develop student literacy skills as well as content area knowledge.
- Session slides and referenced links (on wikispaces, accessible from China)
- Session slides and referenced links (on PBwiki, not directly accessible from China without a proxy service)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- Podcast446: Reflections on a PBS Scratch Jr Coding Camp for Kids - 2016
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009