Steven Kimmi from Salina, Kansas, is looking for others who have “storm stories” to share, and has created a VoiceThread for this purpose:
Isn’t the collaborative world in which we live absolutely amazing?! Living as we do now in Oklahoma, I’ve become VERY aware (especially this spring) of how many storm and tornado stories there are in our state. I grew up in Kansas, where there were tornados and bad storms as well, but this spring has seemed particularly bad for severe weather. Steven has come up with a great idea with this VoiceThread.
If you’re looking for student project ideas or want to solicit participation in a student project, as Steven has, consider doing so on one or more of the following free websites:
Are there other places you particularly like as an educator for finding collaborative projects or soliciting others to participate in a project with you?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Enter to Win 2 FREE Tickets to iPad Media Camp: July 26-28, 2016 - 2016
- Perspective: The Real Challenge Facing IT in Education #fail-learn - 2012
- Convivial Technologies, Storychasers and Digital Storytelling - 2011
- Podcast350: Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (part 1 of 2) - 2010
- Sharing by default and empowering others to share - 2009
- Blogging TCEA 2006: Create, Share & Access - 2009
- Join the NECC 2008 Ning! - 2008
- Updates on OLPC (June 2008) - 2008
- EncycloMedia 2008 session proposals - 2008
- links for 2008-06-16 - 2008