This Amazon.com advertisement is a clever remix and upgrade of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous quotation, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” Instead the Amazon marketeers exhort us, “Walk Boldly and Carry a Small Computer!”
It is amazing to see just how many “netbook” laptops are available this holiday season for about $300, some for even less!
Tony Vincent has an excellent resource page on his site about netbooks and web applications, which are (in many cases) perfectly suited for netbooks. He links to the WikiPedia “Comparison of Netbooks” page, which offers an eye opening list of current netbook options as well as features.
How long will it be until all the 3rd through 12th grade students in our Oklahoma public schools are toting and using netbooks instead of backpacks full of analog, un-upgradable textbooks?
On the topic of netbooks, remember the “Give One, Get One” campaign is on again this year!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009
- Exploring Amazon S3 Backup Options with Jungle Disk and Bandwagon - 2008
- Digital Witness from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Encouraging learners to use and author WikiPedia - 2007