I listened to a presentation recently in which the speaker exhorted listeners to “share by default.”* Often in schools, sharing is sharply limited for students as well as for teachers. This needs to change.
The Creative Commons video, “A Shared Culture,” makes a compelling case for “sharing by default” and empowering others to share their voices and perspectives on the global stage. As the video recommends, we need to be thinking more about building community as well as sharing content.
I discovered this video when writing the ISTEconnects post, “Blogging the Conference: We’ve come a long way in 3 years!” and looking for a link for my closing question, “What will you share today?!” Full attribution for all the images and media files included in this video are available.
* Unfortunately I don’t remember where I heard this presentation, otherwise I’d link it here!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Enter to Win 2 FREE Tickets to iPad Media Camp: July 26-28, 2016 - 2016
- Perspective: The Real Challenge Facing IT in Education #fail-learn - 2012
- Convivial Technologies, Storychasers and Digital Storytelling - 2011
- Podcast350: Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (part 1 of 2) - 2010
- Blogging TCEA 2006: Create, Share & Access - 2009
- Got Storm Stories to Share? - 2008
- Join the NECC 2008 Ning! - 2008
- Updates on OLPC (June 2008) - 2008
- EncycloMedia 2008 session proposals - 2008
- links for 2008-06-16 - 2008