Yesterday at the KATE conference in Wichita, Kansas, we used PollEverywhere for a multiple choice poll as well as an open-text poll during the opening presentation. Here are our polls and results. Our multiple choice poll asked, “What has shaped your perception of Oklahoma most?”
After reviewing this poll’s results, a participant asked how to create one from scratch. Someone suggested the question, “What makes a hero?” Rather than creating that as a multiple-choice poll, I created it as an open-text poll. This took a bit longer for responses to come in, but it was great to demonstrate both poll types at the conference.
I think seeing PollEverywhere in action during a conference presentation was a big “a-ha” moment for some of the participants. One of the attendees shared that she used PollEverywhere with students and found it helped build a sense of community in class– students were actually able to use their cell phones legitimately in class for a learning purpose, and they found that both a novel and engaging experience.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Podcasting Legacy of Bob Sprankle and The Scholars of Room 208 - 2017
- Daily Blogging and an Ode to RSS - 2017
- iPad Green Screen Video Creation - 2015
- Mastery Grid with Openly Licensed Icons - 2014
- Podcast384: Michael Wesch at Heartland eLearning 2011 - 2011
- Following Greyson Chance's Rise to Musical Fame - 2010
- Homegrown YouTube Clone Websites in Schools - 2010
- phpBB for my School Reform Book Forum? - 2010
- MacBook Air Digital Lust - 2010
- How I create and publish podcasts - 2009