I’m a big fan of digital witnesses to history.
If you have not already, be sure to read Iowa principal Deron Durflinger‘s post from last Friday, “I Witnessed History Today.” How can we not only get the attention of our state legislators to recognize the power of 1:1 computing, but change their perceptions about our NEED for project-based 1:1 learning environments NOW in our schools? The Iowa students in grades 5-12 who testified for legislators last week answered this question powerfully. We need to let our students SHOW and DEMONSTRATE the power of connected, hyperlinked, media-rich learning for older, less digitally-saavy adults elected to lead our states and nation. Check out some of the social media conversations surrounding last Friday’s event by searching on Twitter with the hashtag, #vanmeter. Join the #vanmeter Twitter shout-out by adding your name and Twitter link to their ThinkLeadServe wiki.
Last Friday’s experience for Iowa learners in the statehouse demonstrates many things, but one which readily comes to mind after seeing some of their video is the public relations utility of equipping students to be capable webcasters and Storychasers!
Our group of principals in Minnesota I’m working with today for CASTLE is hoping to Skype with Deron later this afternoon to learn more.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Batting 1-1 With Three More Pitches Coming - 2016
- Student iPad Radio Shows Shared on YouTube - 2015
- Spots Still Available for Google Summit in OKC: Feb 21-22 - 2015
- Use Digital Voice Recorders to Hear Student Voices - 2012
- Stuff I Want to Share at OTA - Encyclo-Media 2012 - 2012
- Rupert Murdoch's Vision is Wrong - 2011
- Creation Requires Influence: Understanding Remix Power in Star Wars - 2011
- Podcast337: Evangelizing Educational Transformation and 1:1 Learning in Iowa Schools - 2010
- Podcast300: Educator Voices from the eTechOhio 2009 Conference - 2009
- How to Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law: Take 2.0 by Alvin Trusty - 2009