This past October when I participated in the 21st Century Learning conference in Hongzhou, China, I learned about the Buck Institute for Education. BIE has a fantastic website including a multitude of videos about project based learning, like this one titled, “Teachers Learn Through Modeling.”
Seymour Papert, a distinguished professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is among a growing group of scholars who support project learning. Read a short introductory article or watch a brief introductory video.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to Enable Comment Moderation on YouTube Videos - 2012
- Publish a Combined iCloud Calendar and Google Calendar - 2012
- Vimeo or YouTube? Where to Post Family Videos? - 2012
- Snow Day Scratch Fun: Using the Broadcast Tag - 2011
- Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop - 2010
- Great quotations about learning with images - 2010
- Summarizing concepts in 5 or 6 images - 2010
- Podcast338: Bring Curriculum Alive with SCRATCH by Susan Andrews and Students - 2010
- SINGing the Praises of NING by Dawn Danker - 2009
- Anonymous Proxies, Spam and Email Archiving Simplified and Explained - 2009