This past October when I participated in the 21st Century Learning conference in Hongzhou, China, I learned about the Buck Institute for Education. BIE has a fantastic website including a multitude of videos about project based learning, like this one titled, “Teachers Learn Through Modeling.”
Seymour Papert, a distinguished professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is among a growing group of scholars who support project learning. Read a short introductory article or watch a brief introductory video.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- How to Enable Comment Moderation on YouTube Videos - 2012
- Publish a Combined iCloud Calendar and Google Calendar - 2012
- Vimeo or YouTube? Where to Post Family Videos? - 2012
- Snow Day Scratch Fun: Using the Broadcast Tag - 2011
- Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop - 2010
- Great quotations about learning with images - 2010
- Summarizing concepts in 5 or 6 images - 2010
- Podcast338: Bring Curriculum Alive with SCRATCH by Susan Andrews and Students - 2010
- SINGing the Praises of NING by Dawn Danker - 2009
- Anonymous Proxies, Spam and Email Archiving Simplified and Explained - 2009