4 California schools are participating in a pilot study to replace their traditional paper-based textbooks with Apple iPads, a digital version of their Algebra textbook, and access to 400 online videos about Algebra. (article link)
I wonder if any university professors or other academic researchers are doing a comparative study of Algebra students equipped with less expensive netbooks and access to the FREE Khan Academy?
H/T to my mom for sharing this article via her Posterous blog!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- STEM and Coding in Yukon Public Schools Featured on Oklahoma Horizon TV - 2016
- Navigating the Minefield of College Admissions Risks and Rewards - 2016
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Addressing the R Word Proactively and Flagging YouTube Videos - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007