4 California schools are participating in a pilot study to replace their traditional paper-based textbooks with Apple iPads, a digital version of their Algebra textbook, and access to 400 online videos about Algebra. (article link)
I wonder if any university professors or other academic researchers are doing a comparative study of Algebra students equipped with less expensive netbooks and access to the FREE Khan Academy?
H/T to my mom for sharing this article via her Posterous blog!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- STEM and Coding in Yukon Public Schools Featured on Oklahoma Horizon TV - 2016
- Navigating the Minefield of College Admissions Risks and Rewards - 2016
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Addressing the R Word Proactively and Flagging YouTube Videos - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007