The three minute video, “Geography & Google Earth” includes interviews with “an Ocean Explorer, Global Rower and Adventurer” explaining why they love geography and why GEOGRAPHY MATTERS. Check it out and share it with your students!
The Google Earth YouTube channel is one of the suggested resources for the Google Geo Teachers Institute which I’ll be attending in Lewiston, Maine, September 26-27, 2011. It’s going to be a GREAT two days of geo-learning!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Updated Media Product Names for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2012
- The Changing Face of Home Media Consumption - 2011
- Understanding and OPPOSING Misdirected Educational Reform Efforts - 2011
- A pretty strong warning - 2010
- Least Common Multiple Woes? Khan Academy to the Rescue! - 2010
- Seth Godin on book publishing - 2010
- Reputation Management and Digital Footprints (video) - 2010
- Oklahoma City area WordPress User Group Meeting - 2009
- Recommended resources for a new school librarian - 2009
- Podcast274: StoryChasers Brainstorm #3 from 21 August 2008 - 2008