The three minute video, “Geography & Google Earth” includes interviews with “an Ocean Explorer, Global Rower and Adventurer” explaining why they love geography and why GEOGRAPHY MATTERS. Check it out and share it with your students!
The Google Earth YouTube channel is one of the suggested resources for the Google Geo Teachers Institute which I’ll be attending in Lewiston, Maine, September 26-27, 2011. It’s going to be a GREAT two days of geo-learning!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Updated Media Product Names for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2012
- The Changing Face of Home Media Consumption - 2011
- Understanding and OPPOSING Misdirected Educational Reform Efforts - 2011
- A pretty strong warning - 2010
- Least Common Multiple Woes? Khan Academy to the Rescue! - 2010
- Seth Godin on book publishing - 2010
- Reputation Management and Digital Footprints (video) - 2010
- Oklahoma City area WordPress User Group Meeting - 2009
- Recommended resources for a new school librarian - 2009
- Podcast274: StoryChasers Brainstorm #3 from 21 August 2008 - 2008