This semester Storychasers has started a “lessons” section of our project wiki and shared “Community Voices” interview project ideas. Using MentorMob, we’ve created a seven part video tutorial highlighting steps students can follow to successfully plan, record, write about and share an audio interview with a family or community member.
This is a super way to explain multi-step assignments to students. Once you’ve planned the steps for a MentorMob Tutorial (they call them “playlists”) you either need to find a webpage to link or create a link to use for each step. MentorMob actually provides four different options for each step of a “playlist:” Paste a link, upload a file, write an article (create a webpage), or add a pop quiz.
Many, MANY thanks to Jackie Gerstein who showed me MentorMob on her computer in Toronto enroute on the bus from the airport to UnPlugd 2012! (Thank goodness we had on-board wifi!) I hope this MentorMob playlist will help the 7th grade students I’m helping at Yukon Middle School complete a Community Voices interview project in their English class.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPad Musical Creativity Apps - 2016
- Join K-12 Online Organizers Tomorrow (Sat Oct 5) on Classroom 2.0 Live - 2013
- Roadmap to Blended Learning (October 2013) - 2013
- Contrasting Amazon and Apple's PR Event Style: Bezos v Jobs - 2011
- Touring Australia at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo - 2010
- Considering Somalia's Situation: Rated as the #1 Failed State - 2009
- LAME much easier to install on latest Audacity for Mac - 2009
- Where do you find the time? Shirky's Answer - 2009
- Voicethread about Civil War artifacts in Oklahoma - 2007
- Social Bookmarking 101 - 2007