This semester Storychasers has started a “lessons” section of our project wiki and shared “Community Voices” interview project ideas. Using MentorMob, we’ve created a seven part video tutorial highlighting steps students can follow to successfully plan, record, write about and share an audio interview with a family or community member.
This is a super way to explain multi-step assignments to students. Once you’ve planned the steps for a MentorMob Tutorial (they call them “playlists”) you either need to find a webpage to link or create a link to use for each step. MentorMob actually provides four different options for each step of a “playlist:” Paste a link, upload a file, write an article (create a webpage), or add a pop quiz.
Many, MANY thanks to Jackie Gerstein who showed me MentorMob on her computer in Toronto enroute on the bus from the airport to UnPlugd 2012! (Thank goodness we had on-board wifi!) I hope this MentorMob playlist will help the 7th grade students I’m helping at Yukon Middle School complete a Community Voices interview project in their English class.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Join K-12 Online Organizers Tomorrow (Sat Oct 5) on Classroom 2.0 Live - 2013
- Roadmap to Blended Learning (October 2013) - 2013
- Contrasting Amazon and Apple's PR Event Style: Bezos v Jobs - 2011
- Touring Australia at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo - 2010
- Considering Somalia's Situation: Rated as the #1 Failed State - 2009
- LAME much easier to install on latest Audacity for Mac - 2009
- Where do you find the time? Shirky's Answer - 2009
- Voicethread about Civil War artifacts in Oklahoma - 2007
- Social Bookmarking 101 - 2007
- The causes of freedom and social justice - 2006