I love creating and sharing lists of recommended iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch apps on the free website Appolicious. Back in October of 2011 I created an Appolicious App list titled “Audio Recording and Sharing (Oct 2011),” and today I decided to create an updated version I’m calling, “Audio Apps (Oct 2012).”
If you compare the lists you’ll see several changes, most notably the omission of Cinch which shut down on August 20, 2012. I also chose not to include narrated slideshow apps, which I’d added for some reason in the October 2011 list. I did include “Book Creator for iPad” on this list even though it’s not strictly an audio creation / editing / sharing app, because it’s the best app I’ve found and used to date with students for directly recording audio into a multimedia eBook. I also didn’t include Voice Memos, since I haven’t used it since I added it to that list a year ago.
I’ve also added a link to this list (as well as updated the listed apps) on the Audio page of playingwithmedia.com. For more about creating audio-based classroom projects, see the pages for “Narrated Art” and “Radio Shows” on my Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum project.
What iOS audio apps do you use and like which I’ve left off this list?
To see as well as share/contribute examples of student media projects, please visit share.playingwithmedia.com.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reflections on Comancheria, Identity and Frontier Terrorism - 2017
- Igniting Innovation with the 2014 K-12 Online Conference - 2014
- 7 Part VideoConference Course: Mapping Media to the Common Core (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014) - 2013
- The Digital Shift eConference Tomorrow & More iPad eBook Authoring Apps - 2012
- WordPress 3.01 Export Problems - 2010
- 1:1 in a High School Science Classroom - 2009
- More Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Reconsidering boundaries on K12Online Presentation Mirroring - 2008
- PD Reflection and Reflection on Cell Phones as Classroom Learning Tools - 2007