Last week my father had an opportunity to serve as a ‘guardian’ on a Kansas Honor Flight to Washington D.C. Approximately 25 World War II veterans flew from Kansas City and 25 from Wichita, Kansas, to our nation’s capitol to visit the National World War II Memorial as well as other historic sites. This past Saturday, I helped my dad create a short (5.5 minute) narrated slideshow about the Kansas Honor Flight and his reflections on the experience. Dad selected six photos he took with his iPhone on the trip, and he narrated them on an iPad using the app “Explain Everything.” This was an extremely moving and powerful experience for everyone who was involved. If you have an opportunity to support Honor Flights in your state, please do so. It’s an important and moving way to say THANKS to our surviving World War II veterans for the sacrifices they made for our country. Hats off to Southwest Airlines who provided 25 free tickets on each Kansas Honor Flight for the WWII vets.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learning More About Visual Notetaking (Authorized Drawing in Class!) - 2013
- 2012 K12Online Conference Starts Today! - 2012
- Post a Photo to a Photo 365 or 180 Blog - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 2) - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 1) - 2011
- Action Research: What Do We Know About Learning in the Cloud? - 2010
- Powerful and Free Tools from the Cloud by Rushton Hurley - 2010
- Do the Mash: Mixing Tools to Create a Custom Cloud-Based Learning Tool - 2010
- Beautiful Kansas fall colors and more iPhone panoramic picture fun with Pano - 2009
- Welcome to the Future (thanks Brad Paisley) - 2009