This morning I’m sharing the opening keynote at the 2013 “Library Camp” Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Here are the slides I’ll be discussing. I’m changing the introduction I’ve used lately for this presentation to focus on the Waldseemüller map, which is also known as “America’s Birth Certificate.” This map is explored in glorious detail in Toby Lester’s fantastic book, “The Fourth Part of the World: The Race to the Ends of the Earth, and the Epic Story of the Map That Gave America Its Name.” There are wonderful analogies to make between the pioneers in the “age of exploration” as well as the cartographers of the Americas, and the roles we need to play in our communities (whether we are librarians, teachers, parents, etc) as digital learning pioneers.
by Wesley Fryer
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Hopscotch Challenges: A Free Curriculum eBook for iPad Coders - 2013
- Empowering Women Worldwide Through Creative, Handmade Designs - 2013
- How the Internet Can Change the Way We Create Stuff & Solve Problems - 2012
- Talking K12Online11 on Classroom 2.0 Saturday November 12th - 2011
- English learners in the digital age: natives, immigrants or outsiders #collab21 - 2010
- I'm a teacher, and I have the best job in the WORLD #EdCampKC - 2010
- Why blog when you can Glog? - 2010
- Unlocking the Past: Techniques for Conducting Meaningful Interviews - 2009
- Fast Forward: Oral History in the 21st Century by Donald Ritchie - 2009
- Video Tributes to Oklahoma Veterans - 2009