I created the following “Mastery Grid” to use with my students in our STEM classroom today, using openly licensed icons I found with iconfinder.com (here and here). This is also available as a downloadable PDF. As our district continues to implement the “Marzano Teacher Leader Evaluation” (TLE) framework for Oklahoma, based on “The Art and Science of Teaching,” this is an instructional tool all our district teachers are using in the classroom to help students master new knowledge and skills.
by Wesley Fryer
I based my mastery grid off the versions used by my friend and colleague, Amy Loeffelholz, who teaches STEM at our other grade 4-5 elementary in Yukon, Oklahoma. Please use and share this with others!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Podcasting Legacy of Bob Sprankle and The Scholars of Room 208 - 2017
- Daily Blogging and an Ode to RSS - 2017
- iPad Green Screen Video Creation - 2015
- Podcast384: Michael Wesch at Heartland eLearning 2011 - 2011
- Following Greyson Chance's Rise to Musical Fame - 2010
- Homegrown YouTube Clone Websites in Schools - 2010
- phpBB for my School Reform Book Forum? - 2010
- MacBook Air Digital Lust - 2010
- How I create and publish podcasts - 2009
- PollEverywhere Polls and Results from KATE - 2009