iPadPalooza 2016 is almost over, and it’s been a fantastic conference. If you’re an educator and use an iPad, this is a “must attend” event. Next year the conference will be earlier in June. This year in addition to a mini-keynote with Shelly on day 1 about “Digital Sharing,” I shared three breakout sessions on “App Smashing to YouTube,” “Narrated iPad Sketchnoting,” and “Discovering & Curating Ideas for Your Classroom.” During the morning session today, I asked teachers to “turn, pair and share” and talk about a book which had been transformative for their professional practice as an educator and they would recommend to others. Here are those responses via Twitter:
@wfryer Paul Gilster, Digital Literacy
— Kathy Schrock (@kathyschrock) June 24, 2016
@wfryer I really liked Teach Like a Pirate!
— Justin Weinmann (@JustinWeinmann) June 24, 2016
— Ramona Towner (@rmbtowner_tech) June 24, 2016
— Adam Phyall (@AskAdam3) June 24, 2016
— Angie McDaniel (@ng_mcd) June 24, 2016
— Bruce Harris (@texteacher) June 24, 2016
— Veronica Garcia (@vgarciatech) June 24, 2016
— Belinda Posadas (@BelindaPosadas) June 24, 2016
— Inge Wassmann (@ingewassmann) June 24, 2016
— Jenny Diaz (@jennyd28) June 24, 2016
I also used a Padlet to solicit feedback and responses to a “narrated sketchnote” video I shared during my day 1 session.
This was the video session participants responded to:
I learned a ton this week at iPadPalooza! I’ll post more about those learning points, but if you want to view my archived tweets from this week on my Tweet Nest website.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Cognitive Cost of Carbon Copy Email - 2019
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions - 2015
- YouTube Now Supports Creative Commons BY Video Licensing #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Explaining No-Edit Audio Recording Power with an AudioBoo from Pearl Harbor - 2011
- Dreams of Open, Wireless Broadband Access and High Speed Rural Connectivity - 2011
- Online video editing with Kaltura and Stroome - 2010
- Ready to webcast and podcast NECC 2009 and discuss K12Online09 at EduBloggerCon - 2009
- No Partnership for 21st Century Skills Speaker's Bureau Membership for me - 2009
- OKC Bombing, Underground Chinatown in Oklahoma, Veteran Stories, and an Amazing Adoption from Russia - 2009
- An Oklahoma, USA to Winnipeg, Canada Connection: Indian Jack Jacobs - 2009