Today in Columbus, Ohio, I shared a breakout session at the Ohio Educational Technology Conference (OETC) titled, “Security, Privacy, and Digital Citizenship.” The description was:
As video surveillance, social media sharing of personal information, identity theft and publicized hacks of businesses have become daily norms, how can we best protect ourselves, our families and our organizations? Why is privacy an important right we need to defend instead of give up? What roles should teachers play in educating students, parents, and our communities about these issues?
That recording does NOT include synchronized slides, but you can use the Google Slide deck embedded below to both view the slides and click links to referenced videos, articles, and other resources. Both my opening keynote at the conference yesterday (“Sparking Conversations About Digital Citizenship”) and this session’s slides are linked on my OETC 2018 handouts page.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Mobile Storyteller of North Canton City Schools, Ohio - 2018
- Learning at #TXeducamp in Denton, Texas - 2016
- Find & Highlight Duplicates in Excel 2011 for Mac - 2015
- Student Oral Reports with School Hallway Dioramas via AudioBoo - 2013
- Manipulated FoxNews Video Shows Why eBooks are the WRONG Choice for K-12 1:1 Environments - 2011
- Civil War Augmented Reality Project Becomes HistoriQuest - 2011
- Photo memories in an old box - 2010
- WordPress for iPhone 2.2 Even Better - 2010
- Fun with XTimeline and myWebspiration - 2009
- Howe Oklahoma Students lead virtual field trip at Fort Smith, Arkansas - 2009